Online education is often misunderstood. At Naaleh College, online education includes various class options:
- Regular classes consist of a taped lecture and/or reading assignment
- Some of the regular classes have a “live class” option (for an additional fee) which is similar to the dynamics of a regular class via Zoom
- Self paced courses (for a reduced fee, limited to 25% of the degree) – this is similar to testing programs where students receive a curriculum, are expected to learn the material on their own and take the final exam at semester’s end. No instructor available for questions or assistance.
Regular and live classes include:
- “Discussion Board” where the instructor posts questions/”food for thought” comments weekly and the students are expected to respond.
- Weekly assignments which the students are required to complete. This is to ensure the students keep up with the material and do not fall behind which can lead to a “drop out.” CBE courses allow students to work faster than the weekly schedule.
- Instructors are available on a weekly basis for meeting with the student either by phone, email, or video meeting.
All courses include student support in the form of technical support, student advisement, and academic services.